12 co ordination most metals are close packed that is they fit as many atoms as possible into the available volume each atom in the structure has 12 touching . The structure of metals and other monatomic solids the structures of pure metals are easy to describe because the atoms that form these metals can be thought of as . In a metallic solid atoms are arranged in a lattice like 3d structure where there is a regular array of metal cations surrounded by a sea of delocalised electrons in . Layers of atoms slide over each other when metals are bent or stretched metals are malleable malleable metals form giant structures in which electrons
How it works:
1. Register a Free 14 Days Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.